Hello and welcome to the Waupaca County Asylum talk page.
Prior to asking questions about this institution please take note of these guidelines which may answer some of your questions.
- We have a Asylum Projects Genealogical Requests page which answers many general questions and can point towards other institutions that might have what you are seeking.
- We do not have any sort of offline achieves, warehouse, or personal files for Waupaca County Asylum. Everything we have and know is online. Also we are not affiliated with state archives and local historical societies.
- We may not know where Waupaca County Asylum records might have gone or if they had been kept and preserved.
- Asylum Projects is made up of volunteers who do this out of their own spare time.
- Please do not put up any information you do not want the public at large to see.
- Please do not hijack another person's question with your own. Start another thread for your own question.
- Please take note of these guidelines:
- Start your question with a header using this: == Title of your question ==
- Write your question below the header you just created.
- If you are answering someone's question please start your comment with ":" if you are adding on to another comment then use more then one colon like "::" so there is a clear path of answers.
- Also, do not forget to sign your comment with ~~~~ so we know who is asking/answering.
- Please do not restate your entire question in the summery box below the edit window.
- Finally, please be courteous when asking a question or answering someone else's question.
Information on Sophie Whitlock who passed in 1904 at the Waupaca County Asylum
Sohpie Jouett Miles Whitlock died Jan 18 1904 at the Waupaca County Asylum. She lived in New Brunswick Canada with her second husband Nelson Whitlock. They moved to Marinette, Wisconsin where her husband passed about 3 weeks later. They were living with her son Douglas Miles in Marinette, Wisconsin. A few years later she was sent to the hospital.
I have been doing her genealogy, as I am a Whitlock descendant. The stone of her husband says Nelson Whitlock. Her New Brunswick Canada census records show Nelson Whitlock. But....no records for a Nelson Whitlock are located here. And, the death date isn't correct. What I do have is an obituary and a death certificate for a George E Whitlock. It states he died at the home of his son-in-law, Douglas Miles. This is Sophie's son from her first marriage.
What I am trying to determine is what was actually the name of her husband, so I can either close this out with Nelson, or George and would like to have the grave stone corrected.