Featured Image Of The Week
NY state responded by making plans for a third so-called farm colony, what was to become the Pilgrim State Hospital
, named in honor of the former New York State Commissioner of Mental Health, Dr. Charles W. Pilgrim. The state bought up approx. 1,000 acres (4.0 km²) of land in Brentwood and began construction in 1930.