Featured Image Of The Week
In 1851 the county poor farm
was established at the town of Jefferson, Ill., about 12 miles northwest of Chicago. The farm consisted of 160 acres of fairly improved land, and was formerly owned by peter Ludby, who located it in 1839. Additional land was purchased in 1860 and in 1884. At the present time (1915) the land consists of 234 acres.