Portal:Featured Image Of The Week

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 05:57, 15 November 2020 by M-Explorer (talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search

Featured Image Of The Week

Completed in the summer of 1883, the main building of the hospital ("J" building) is a familiar sight to anyone traveling on Center Street east of downtown Salem. The street leading to the hospital was originally designated Asylum Avenue. To oversee the operations at the facility, Dr. Horace Carpenter, a local physician, was hired as first Superintendent of the new facility and a staff was engaged to serve the 412 patients the hospital could accommodate.