Tri Counties Tuberculosis Sanatorium
|Tri Counties Tuberculosis Sanatorium|
|Construction Ended||June, 1937|
|Opened||September 6, 1937|
|Demolished||November 20, 1937|
|Building Style||Single Building|
The Tri-Counties Sanatorium for Tuberculosis was established in the start of the 1934. In January, construction began on the building in Scottsboro, AL. The brick, twenty-six room tuberculosis hospital was completed in June 1937 at a cost of $30,000.
Patients were first admitted to the Tri-Counties Tuberculosis Sanatorium on September 6th 1937. On November 20th 1937, less than three months after the hospital had opened its doors, the building was destroyed by a fire. The 17 patients housed in at the hospital were safely removed from the building and were transferred to both private homes and Hodges Hospital in Scottsboro. 
Images of Tri Counties Tuberculosis Sanatorium
Main Image Gallery: Tri Counties Tuberculosis Sanatorium
- Jerry Gist, "The Story of Scottsboro, Alabama". 1968.