|Building Style||Single Building|
This house was constructed circa 1902, for Robert H. Jeffrey, son of the founder of the Jeffrey Manufacturing Company. He became the 32nd Mayor of Columbus (1903-05) and eventually president of his fathers’ Company. The Jeffrey family moved to 165 North Parkview Avenue in 1907. In 1908 Henry A. Rodebaugh opened the Rodebaugh Sanatorium for nervous diseases, drug habits and alcoholism at this address in 1908. Dr. Earl E. Gaver served as medical superintendent, and between 1918 and 1923, he took over operations, renaming the facility the Gaver Sanatorium. The 1946 city directory shows the first listing of the Old Folks Home at this address. This organization was later renamed the Isabelle Ridgeway Home for the Aged and Homeless which served a primarily African-American population.