Central Washington Tuberculosis Hospital
|Central Washington Tuberculosis Hospital|
|Building Style||Cottage Plan|
In 1958, the six county Central Washington Tuberculosis Hospital in Selah was converted to a residential facility for individuals with developmental disabilities. At that time, the facility was renamed Yakima Valley School (YVS). In 1978 the facility was accredited as an Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities and programming was expanded to include education and pre-employment vocational training programs.
Yakima Valley School was designated a Nursing Facility in 1994. Currently, about 260 direct care and support staff provide 24-hour nursing care, a full spectrum of clinical and therapeutic programs, and recreation/activities to about 108 individuals who reside in 15 separate homes on campus.