Cambridge Developmental Center
|Cambridge Developmental Center|
|Building Style||Cottage Plan|
The hospital was originally a U.S. Army military hospital which opened May 14, 1943, ceased operation on March 31, 1946. Less than two months later, on May 20, then Ohio Gov. Frank J. Lausche and Cambridge Mayor Vern F. Ross dedicated the facilities as the Cambridge State Hospital. Today Cambridge Developmental Center (CaDC) is an Intermediate Care facility, which operates five homes serving up to 92 adults with developmental disabilities. The majority of people who reside at CaDC are diagnosed with severe and profound challenges and need extensive supports in the areas of daily living, health care, and social skills development.
Cambridge Developmental Center: Serving the counties (Region 5) of Knox, Holmes, Tuscarawas, Carroll, Jefferson, Harrison, Licking, Fairfield, Hocking, Perry, Muskingum, Coshocton, Guernsey, Belmont, Noble, Monroe, Morgan, Richland and Washington