Portal:Featured Image Of The Week

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 03:51, 18 January 2016 by M-Explorer (talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search

Featured Image Of The Week

Purchased in 1799 by Edward Long Fox(1760 - 1835), construction begun in 1804,on former common land close to the village of Brislington, and was opened 1806 called initially Brislington House. It cost about 35,000 pounds to build and equip and was designed as a group of detached houses (these were later joined together). Some detached houses on the estate were used for members of the nobility. Staircases, doors, joists and window frames were all constructed of iron to minimize the risk of fire.