Featured Image Of The Week
Seaside Regional Center
was designed by Cass Gilbert for the treatment of children with bone and glandular tuberculosis by prolonged exposure to the sun, a procedure called heliotherapy. In 1958 the tuberculosis program ends. In 1959 Seaside reopened as Seaside Geriatric Hospital. In Feb of 1961, admissions to Seaside Geriatric Hospital stopped. In May 1961,it was converted to Seaside Regional Center for the Mentally Retarded under the administration of the Dept. of Health and Office of Mental Retardation. In 1996 facility closed.