Featured Image Of The Week
Authorized by state legislature in 1905, the hospital accepted
it's first patients by the fall of that year. The first superintendent was Dr. Givens. Initially there were only twenty patients and five staff. At first the patients were kept in a "tent city" until the main building was finished. Due to it's location, most patients had to be brought in by train. The hospital had a strict military routine including inspections and marching daily.