|(596 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
CoalDale New 3. jpg |+|
During early 1900, streetcars were utilized to haul the injured to Ashland or Pottsville. The ride was much smoother but it still took too much time to reach their destination. Because of this distance from Ashland or Pottsville hospitals, the [[ Coaldale State Hospital| Coaldale Hospital]] came into being. In 1909, the miners of the valley volunteered a full days pay for the construction of a hospital while the Lehigh Navigation and Coal Company through the efforts of the Superintendent Ludlow, donated a site for the building. The Coal Company also told the miners that every dollar they donated; the company would also match that amount. The location of the hospital was east of the village of Seek. The hospital would overlook the valley and was built in a very pristine area. additional beds. |+|
|Body= , were to the [[Hospital|Hospital ]] , the of the of the of the . The that the of the .
Latest revision as of 03:51, 9 May 2021
Featured Image Of The Week
In 1874, some of these resources were transferred to the Marine Hospital Service buildings.
By 1883, the entire complex of buildings was operated as the United States Marine Hospital. The “National Institutes of Health” as the laboratory became known, operated out of the attic rooms from 1887 to 1891. The building that housed the laboratory still stands and is part of the former Bayley Seton Hospital complex.