Difference between revisions of "Portal:Featured Image Of The Week"

From Asylum Projects
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(9 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
{{FIformat
 
{{FIformat
|Image= WHS3.jpg
+
|Image= NYusmarinehospPC1.png
 
|Width= 600px
 
|Width= 600px
|Body= The Kentucky General Assembly changed the name of the hospital to [[Western State Hospital Hopkinsville|Western State Hospital]] in 1919. Investigations by state officials and the Welfare Committee in the late 1930s resulted in renovations and higher standards. In 1950, 2,200 patients were admitted as "incompetent" with loss of rights. Tranquilizers came into use in 1955. By the late 1950s, several psychotropic medications were being marketed and there was a deinstitutionalization effort to weed out patients that did not need to be at the facility.  
+
|Body= In 1874, some of these resources were transferred to the [[Staten Island Public Health Service Hospital|Marine Hospital Service buildings.]] By 1883, the entire complex of buildings was operated as the United States Marine Hospital. The “National Institutes of Health” as the laboratory became known, operated out of the attic rooms from 1887 to 1891. The building that housed the laboratory still stands and is part of the former Bayley Seton Hospital complex.      
 
}}
 
}}

Latest revision as of 03:51, 9 May 2021

Featured Image Of The Week

NYusmarinehospPC1.png
In 1874, some of these resources were transferred to the Marine Hospital Service buildings. By 1883, the entire complex of buildings was operated as the United States Marine Hospital. The “National Institutes of Health” as the laboratory became known, operated out of the attic rooms from 1887 to 1891. The building that housed the laboratory still stands and is part of the former Bayley Seton Hospital complex.