|(144 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
OldBarboursvilleStateHospnowVetHome. jpg |+|
1941, the [[ Barboursville State Hospital| State of West Virginia]] purchased 23.76 acres of land in the Cabell County town of Barboursville. Part of that property included two buildings formerly dorms of Morris Harvey College, which had moved to Charleston in 1935 and would eventually become the University of Charleston. It would take a year to recondition these buildings and install the necessary fixtures. The hospital's original designation was the Barboursville Unit of the Weston State Hospital upon opening January 20, 1942. By August 1st of that year the hospital had reached it's capacity of 270 patients. The state soon made further renovations to accommodate 315 patients. |+|
|Body= In , the [[Hospital|]] , the of buildings the . The the of the . that the of .
Latest revision as of 03:51, 9 May 2021
Featured Image Of The Week
In 1874, some of these resources were transferred to the Marine Hospital Service buildings.
By 1883, the entire complex of buildings was operated as the United States Marine Hospital. The “National Institutes of Health” as the laboratory became known, operated out of the attic rooms from 1887 to 1891. The building that housed the laboratory still stands and is part of the former Bayley Seton Hospital complex.