|(273 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
116445pu. jpg |+|
The Henry Hobson Richardson Complex, or the [[ Buffalo State Hospital| Buffalo State Asylum for the Insane]], as it was originally called, started construction in 1870 and was completed almost 20 years later. It was a state-of -the-art facility when it was built, incorporating the most modern ideas in psychiatric treatment. The design of the buildings as well as the restorative grounds, designed by famed landscape designer Frederick Law Olmsted, were intended to complement the innovations in psychiatric care practiced at this facility. |+|
|Body= , the [[Hospital|]] , of was the . The of as the , to the .
Latest revision as of 03:51, 9 May 2021
Featured Image Of The Week
In 1874, some of these resources were transferred to the Marine Hospital Service buildings.
By 1883, the entire complex of buildings was operated as the United States Marine Hospital. The “National Institutes of Health” as the laboratory became known, operated out of the attic rooms from 1887 to 1891. The building that housed the laboratory still stands and is part of the former Bayley Seton Hospital complex.