|(281 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
Purchased in 1799 by Edward Long Fox(1760 - 1835), construction begun in 1804,on [[ Brislington House| former common land]] close to the village of Brislington, and was opened 1806 called initially Brislington House. It cost about 35,000 pounds to build and equip and was designed as a group of detached houses (these were later joined together). Some detached houses on the estate were used for members of the nobility. Staircases, doors, joists and window frames were all constructed of iron to minimize the risk of fire. |+|
|Body= , [[|]] the of was . as the of the . and of the .
Latest revision as of 03:51, 9 May 2021
Featured Image Of The Week
In 1874, some of these resources were transferred to the Marine Hospital Service buildings.
By 1883, the entire complex of buildings was operated as the United States Marine Hospital. The “National Institutes of Health” as the laboratory became known, operated out of the attic rooms from 1887 to 1891. The building that housed the laboratory still stands and is part of the former Bayley Seton Hospital complex.