|(308 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
salempc. JPG |+|
Funds were allocated in the Fall of 1880 for the [[ Oregon State Hospital| Oregon State Insane Asylum]] ; the site selected was north of the state prison on a slight rise just east of Salem, its present location. Ground breaking took place in May 1881 with much of the labor force and brick building material coming from the penitentiary. |+|
|Body= were the [[Hospital|]] the was of the of . the and the .
Latest revision as of 03:51, 9 May 2021
Featured Image Of The Week
In 1874, some of these resources were transferred to the Marine Hospital Service buildings.
By 1883, the entire complex of buildings was operated as the United States Marine Hospital. The “National Institutes of Health” as the laboratory became known, operated out of the attic rooms from 1887 to 1891. The building that housed the laboratory still stands and is part of the former Bayley Seton Hospital complex.