|(382 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
On January 6, 1930 the Oahu Asylum closed and the U.S. Army moved the 549 patients to the new [[ Hawaii State Hospital| Territorial Hospital in Kaneohe.]] In 1972 there were only 200 patients actually in residence at the State Hospital (even though the rate of first admissions has continued to climb as the population of the State soars over 750,000). Some of the older original buildings are now used by the Windward Community School. |+|
|Body= , to the [[Hospital|Hospital .]] the Hospitalof as the of the . of the .
Latest revision as of 03:51, 9 May 2021
Featured Image Of The Week
In 1874, some of these resources were transferred to the Marine Hospital Service buildings.
By 1883, the entire complex of buildings was operated as the United States Marine Hospital. The “National Institutes of Health” as the laboratory became known, operated out of the attic rooms from 1887 to 1891. The building that housed the laboratory still stands and is part of the former Bayley Seton Hospital complex.