|(273 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
Danville PC 08.jpg |+|
It was [[ Danville State Hospital| determined to erect so much of the building]] as the appropriation would complete ready for occupancy. The administration building, with one wing and a transverse on each side, capable of accommodating 200 patients , with the necessary adjuncts of water, gas, heat, sewage, laundry, etc., was contracted for and building operations were immediately begun. |+|
|Body= [[State Hospital |]] the . , ,200 patients with of . , was .
Revision as of 02:51, 28 February 2021
Featured Image Of The Week
The Kentucky General Assembly changed the name of the hospital to Western State Hospital
in 1919. Investigations by state officials and the Welfare Committee in the late 1930s resulted in renovations and higher standards. In 1950, 2,200 patients were admitted as "incompetent" with loss of rights. Tranquilizers came into use in 1955. By the late 1950s, several psychotropic medications were being marketed and there was a deinstitutionalization effort to weed out patients that did not need to be at the facility.