Pine Bluff State Hospital

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 21:38, 21 May 2013 by Squad546 (talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search
Pine Bluff State Hospital
Construction Began 1912
Closed 1977
Current Status Closed
Building Style Cottage Plan
Location Salisbury, MD
Alternate Names
  • Pine Bluff Sanatorium


Pine Bluff State Hospital, opened In 1912 as a private institution with Edward Peyton Ritchings, M.D. as Superintendent. The hospital became State-owned in 1928. It received its present name in 1949. Pine Bluff provides for the care of 65 patients. Staff: 42.