Difference between revisions of "Portal:Featured Image Of The Week"

From Asylum Projects
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(41 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
{{FIformat
 
{{FIformat
|Image= TXwoodlawn.png
+
|Image= Insidetrenton.jpg
|Width= 600px
+
|Width= 120px
|Body= A new four—story wing in 1936—1938 was built at [[Woodlawn Union Tuberculosis Hospital|Parkland Hospital]], would be known as Woodlawn Hospital. The new accommodations providing space for patients with highly contagious diseases. At the same time a new power plant was erected. The newly—finished psychiatric wing became the first such ward operated by a public hospital in Texas.                        
+
|Body= Architect John Notman was selected to make some changes in the plans and oversee [[Trenton State Hospital|the erection of the building]]. The work was done by William Phillips and Joseph NVhitaker, builders of the old New Jersey State House. Construction of the new hospital commenced on November 4, 1845 but the work was delayed due to the lack of necessary appropriations. The hospital finally opened for the reception of patients on May 15, 1848. The main building which was the first erected following the plans of Dr. Thomas Kirkbride consisted of physician apartments, officer quarters, offices, a chapel, kitchens, and six wards for male, and six for female patients. Total accommodations for about 200 patients. The plan was such that additions could be made to the building for the accommodation of more patients when required.                                      
 
}}
 
}}

Latest revision as of 09:37, 15 March 2026

Featured Image Of The Week

Insidetrenton.jpg
Architect John Notman was selected to make some changes in the plans and oversee the erection of the building. The work was done by William Phillips and Joseph NVhitaker, builders of the old New Jersey State House. Construction of the new hospital commenced on November 4, 1845 but the work was delayed due to the lack of necessary appropriations. The hospital finally opened for the reception of patients on May 15, 1848. The main building which was the first erected following the plans of Dr. Thomas Kirkbride consisted of physician apartments, officer quarters, offices, a chapel, kitchens, and six wards for male, and six for female patients. Total accommodations for about 200 patients. The plan was such that additions could be made to the building for the accommodation of more patients when required.