Minnesota Security Hospital
|Minnesota Security Hospital|
|Demolished||1982 (original building)|
|Building Style||Cottage Plan|
|Location||St. Peter, MN|
Located on the campus of St. Peter State Hospital, however it is operated separately from that hospital. In 1907 the legislature authorized establishment of an asylum for the dangerous insane, to be operated in conjunction with the St. Peter State Hospital. It opened in 1911 in a small ward separate from the other hospital buildings and by 1950, had a Y shaped wing to extend it. By 1982 it was demolished and the hospital moved to it's own campus adjacent to the main hospital.