|Building Style||Single Building|
In 1911 the Sisters opened a hospital in an old apartment building in Aurora. Four years later, a farm was purchased on the northside of Aurora becoming the first privately run psychiatric facility in the state. By 1925 Sisters broke ground for Mercyville & the hospital was opened in 1931. In 1968 the hospital was renamed "Mercy Center for Health Care Services". Three religious orders, Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart and Servants of the Holy Heart of Mary, merged to form Provena Health in 1996, now one of the largest Catholic healthcare systems in Illinois.