Lovering Colony State Hospital
Two miles from the main campus of Taunton State Hospital, work began in 1912 and completed in 1914 on Davis St in Taunton. The female only satellite campus was to be known as William C Lovering Colony. Consisting of three buildings, the colony housed 100 patients.
Taunton State Hospital did have at least three "colonies" according to local historian, including Lovering, "Simeon Borden Colony", and a Raynham Farm Colony.
"Public Document No. 22"
SIXTY-FIRST ANNUAL REPORT
TAUNTON STATE HOSPITAL
YEAR ENDING NOVEMBER 30, 1914
During the year the group of buildings intended for women alone on Davis Street which is now known as the William C Lovering colony has been completed and is proving satisfactory in every way. It provides for 100 patients.
The group of buildings at the William C. Lovering colony for women, on Davis Street, were finished and occupied during the early summer. The Lovering colony provides for 100 women patients