State Industrial School for Colored Youth
|State Industrial School for Colored Youth|
|Building Style||Single Building|
The State Industrial School for Colored Youth began operations in 1948 in Scotlandville, 13 miles north of Baton Rouge. In 1956 the facility became a co-ed facility. In September 1969, the United States District Court ordered desegregation of juvenile facilities. The school was desegregated and the name changed to Louisiana Training Institution (LTI)- EBR. In May 1995, LTI – EBR was renamed Louis Jetson Correctional Center for Youth (JCCY) and in 2007, the word "Correctional" was dropped. Today, the facility is called Louis Jetson Center for Youth (known simply as Jetson), and it has been transformed into a small, regional facility, functioning as a therapeutic model.