St. John's Mission School
|St. John's Mission School|
St. John's school for Osage Indian boys opened in 1888, 8 miles North of Grey Horse along Hominy Creek., by St. Katharine Drexel and the bureau of catholic indian missions. The original log compound replaced by four-story stone building in 1893. Operated by Franciscan sisters (1888-1907) and Christian brothers (1907-1913). It was closed in 1913 by the Osage Tribal Council.