St. John's Mission School

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 05:20, 3 June 2019 by M-Explorer (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
St. John's Mission School
Opened 1888
Closed 1913
Current Status Closed



St. John's school for Osage Indian boys opened in 1888, 8 miles North of Grey Horse along Hominy Creek., by St. Katharine Drexel and the bureau of catholic indian missions. The original log compound replaced by four-story stone building in 1893. Operated by Franciscan sisters (1888-1907) and Christian brothers (1907-1913). It was closed in 1913 by the Osage Tribal Council.