St. James Hospital and Sanitarium

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 21:20, 12 October 2015 by Squad546 (talk | contribs) (Created page with "{{infobox institution | name = St. James Hospital and Sanitarium | image = | image_size = 250px | alt = | caption = | established = | construction_began = 1898 | construction...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
St. James Hospital and Sanitarium
Construction Began 1898
Opened 1909
Building Style Single Building
Architect(s) M. K. Armstrong
Location St. James, MN
Alternate Names



History[edit]

The St. James hospital and sanitarium was organized in 1909 by a corporation of St. James business and professional men. The building known as the Park Hotel, built by M. K. Armstrong in 1898, was secured at a cost of forty thousand dollars. Dr. W. H. Rowe is in charge of the institution and under his direction special attention is given to nervous and mental diseases. The sanitarium has gained quite a reputation and is known as one of the best in the northwest. It is estimated that two hundred and fifty patients are treated annually, coming mostly from Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa and Wisconsin. Fourteen nurses are employed.