Portal:Featured Image Of The Week

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 04:39, 26 April 2010 by M-Explorer (talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search

Featured Image Of The Week

SEPH 10.jpg
Founded in 1853 by Baltimore merchant Moses Sheppard, after a visit by mental health rights advocate and social reformer Dorothea Lynde Dix, the hospital was originally called the Sheppard Asylum. The original buildings were designed by the famous architect Calvert Vaux and constructed on what had previously been a 340 acre farm. The cornerstone of the original building was laid in spring of 1862.