Portal:Featured Image Of The Week

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 03:28, 10 May 2020 by M-Explorer (talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search

Featured Image Of The Week

TNeshPC.png
The East Tennessee Hospital for the Insane was built on land previously owned by Capt. William Lyon, after more than a dozen years of funding stops and starts and political infighting. The East Tennessee Hospital for the Insane opened in 1886 with 99 patients transferred from the older Tennessee Lunatic Asylum in Nashville. In 1920, the facility's name was changed to Eastern State Hospital as part of a program to rename all of the asylums in the state.