Featured Image Of The Week
A modern power plant was constructed
in 1916. Within the past few years a home for women nurses has been built and a club house for the men nurses is planned. The Legislature of 1909 appropriated $55,000 for the detention hospital and at the same time passed a voluntary commitment act. Into this building all the new patients are received. The hospital estate contains 1720 acres. The total number of inmates remaining in the hospital in January, 1914, was 602 men and 519 women.