Portal:Featured Image Of The Week

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 06:25, 7 January 2018 by M-Explorer (talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search

Featured Image Of The Week

Msh1.jpg
Mendocino State Hospital, originally the Mendocino State Asylum for the Insane, was established in 1889 (Statutes 1889, Ch. 23). By that law the Governor was authorized to appoint a board of directors of five members for a term of four years to select the site and to manage the institution. In October 1890, contracts were let out for the construction of the male ward building, connecting corridor, kitchen building, laundry, bakery, and the boiler and engine house. The contract for these buildings was for $182,520.