Featured Image Of The Week
The Victor Cullen Center
is located in a rural area outside of Sabillasville, in Frederick County. The facility, originally named The Hilltop State Hospital, was built in 1907. It was the first state funded tuberculosis sanatorium in Maryland. It later became a State hospital and in 1965 became a reform school for boys. In 1967 the Cullen Academy was transferred and placed under the direction of Maryland’s Juvenile Services. The site contains approximately 500 acres. Most of the 30 buildings are within a security fence.