Featured Image Of The Week
Construction of Battey General Hospital
started in March of 1943 to serve as a hospital for sick, wounded and disabled World War II servicemen. It was fully activated on September 1, 1943 with Col. D.B.Faust as its first executive officer. The hospital was named for Dr. Robert Battey of Rome Georgia, who was a nationally famed pioneer in the surgical treatment for ovarian cancer and who built a medical complex in downtown Rome.