Featured Image Of The Week
The building was finished and the hospital
formally opened on May 1, 1824. When completed, the brick building measured approximately 66 feet square and was three stories tall over a stone basement. An 1847 lithograph is the earliest identified illustration of the building. The original Fayette Hospital building is the three-story square block with hipped roof located at the center of the illustration. The building was made of handmade brick laid in Flemish bonding. A skylight was located on the hipped roof. Tall chimneys pierced the roof at each corner.