Featured Image Of The Week
April 23rd 1907 the state approved $8,000 for construction of a facility for disturbed and deformed children. Until then children had been kept at a ward at the City and County Hospital in St. Paul. Renamed Gillette State Hospital for Crippled Children
in memory of Dr. Arthur Gillette in 1925. In 1977 the hospital moved into it's current location and the former facility was torn down except for one building now used by the city park department.