Featured Image Of The Week
, originally known as the Barony Parochial Asylum at Woodilee, was opened in 1875 it was the largest parochial asylum in Scotland, with 400 inmates. By the mid 1880s it was licensed for 600 patients. In 1898 it became the responsibility of a united District Board for the City and Barony parishes. It became a Glasgow Corporation hospital in 1930 (by which date it had been expanded to a 1,250 capacity) and a National Health Service hospital, under the Board of Management for Glasgow North Eastern Mental Hospitals, in 1948. A villa for mentally deficient children was opened in 1900.