Featured Image Of The Week
In 1886 legislatures of the County of Waupaca
approved the purchase of land to build an asylum for the county. In the winter of the following year plans were established, property purchased for the building of an asylum, and deals struck for the building of the facility, but due to legal wrangling by several members of the current board at that time construction was stalled until 1900. The building, located outside of the city and town of Waupaca, was Finished sometime in 1902. The final building was placed in Weyauwega, Wisconsin and approved the same year for use by the county building committee.