Featured Image Of The Week
In 1872, The asylum
was built by Lord Talbot in 1854 as an insane institution for the rich. It cost thirty thousand pounds, and was renovated two years later for twenty thousand pounds. The building stood in grounds of 30 acres, and was designed by Fulljames & Waller of Gloucester in a Gothic style. Originally it was built as an extension to the County Asylum in order to house private patients.