Featured Image Of The Week
In 1903 the state legislature donated $8,000 and the first real buildings of White Pine Camp
were erected on the grounds. The state money was used to build an assembly building, office building, spring house, and 6 cottages that consisted of 3 rooms, 2 porches, and furniture for each. The sanatorium housed about 30 patients during this time, who paid $1 per week which covered all expenses except laundry. However, there was still no in-house doctor, only a local doctor that made visits to the sanatorium. The state provided another $15,000 in 1905 to build a dining room and kitchen. By 1907 the sanatorium was transferred to the PA Dept of Health and $600,000 was spent on the facility.