Featured Image Of The Week
The Florida Industrial School for Girls
was a reclamation school for delinquent females in Ocala, Florida. The state legislature first established the school in 1915, and was opened in 1917. The industrial school originally accepted girls from nine to seventeen years of age, but later accepted only those ages twelve to seventeen. No pregnant females were allowed. They were trained in home economics as well as traditional school curricula. The facility was located at 307 Southeast 26th Terrace. In 1995, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.