Difference between revisions of "Portal:Featured Image Of The Week"

From Asylum Projects
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(79 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
{{FIformat
 
{{FIformat
|Image= Stpeter.jpg
+
|Image= OHcolumbus20.png
 
|Width= 600px
 
|Width= 600px
|Body= The [[St. Peter State Hospital]] began in March 1866 when the Minnesota State Legislature responded to the need for an asylum by passing "an act for the establishment and location of a hospital for the insane in the state of Minnesota, and to provide for the regulation of the same." The act also created a board of trustees and appointed six commissioners responsible for recommending a permanent location for the state's hospital. A number of Minnesota communities vied for the facility and each claimed to be the most attractive village. However, on 1 July 1866, the commissioners made their recommendation.
+
|Body= [[Columbus State Hospital|This tract fronted south on what is now East Broad street]], and the western boundary was near what is now Washington avenue. During the next three years they erected a building on these grounds, at a cost of about sixty-one thousand ($61,000) dollars. The institution accommodated one hundred and twenty patients, and was the first institution for the treatment of the insane organized west of the Alleghenies. On May 21, 1838, William M. Awl, M. D., of Columbus, was elected Medical Superintendent by the Trustees, and the first patient was received on November 30 of that year.  
 
}}
 
}}

Latest revision as of 04:28, 29 March 2020

Featured Image Of The Week

OHcolumbus20.png
This tract fronted south on what is now East Broad street, and the western boundary was near what is now Washington avenue. During the next three years they erected a building on these grounds, at a cost of about sixty-one thousand ($61,000) dollars. The institution accommodated one hundred and twenty patients, and was the first institution for the treatment of the insane organized west of the Alleghenies. On May 21, 1838, William M. Awl, M. D., of Columbus, was elected Medical Superintendent by the Trustees, and the first patient was received on November 30 of that year.