Difference between revisions of "Portal:Featured Image Of The Week"

From Asylum Projects
Jump to: navigation, search
(73 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
{{FIformat
 
{{FIformat
|Image= Henryton Postcard.jpg
+
|Image= callanpark1903m.png
 
|Width= 600px
 
|Width= 600px
|Body= Established in 1922 by Chapter 464, Acts of 1922, [[Henryton State Hospital]] is located in a wooded, steeply sloped rural area in the southeast corner of the County. The facility was established in 1922 as a tuberculosis hospital for the “Negro” population. In July of 1963 the hospital was transferred to the Department of Mental Hygiene and was converted to a special training and habilitation program for severely retarded, ambulatory adults. Admission was handled through Rosewood State Hospital. Occupancy was to be 400 once when conversion was completed. Henryton closed in 1985.      
+
|Body= [[Callan Park Hospital for the Insane|The Colonial Government]] bought the whole 104.5 acres as a site for a new lunatic asylum to be designed according to the enlightened views of the American Dr Thomas Kirkbride. Colonial Architect James Barnett worked in collaboration with Inspector of the Insane Dr Frederick Norton Manning to produce a group of some twenty neo-classical buildings, completed in 1885 and subsequently named the Kirkbride Block, offering progressive patient care.    
 
}}
 
}}

Revision as of 03:43, 24 January 2021

Featured Image Of The Week

callanpark1903m.png
The Colonial Government bought the whole 104.5 acres as a site for a new lunatic asylum to be designed according to the enlightened views of the American Dr Thomas Kirkbride. Colonial Architect James Barnett worked in collaboration with Inspector of the Insane Dr Frederick Norton Manning to produce a group of some twenty neo-classical buildings, completed in 1885 and subsequently named the Kirkbride Block, offering progressive patient care.