|(87 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
Essex County Sanitarium.jpg |+|
Essex County Isolation Hospital]] was originally a tuberculosis hospital founded in 1905. It was later turned into and continues to be county geriatric center. |+|
|Body= [[Hospital]] was hospital in . was to .
Revision as of 05:05, 23 February 2020
Featured Image Of The Week
On 31 July 1894 the buildings on the Kenmore Estate, Goulburn,
were appointed a Hospital for the Insane, on a site purchased for the purpose in 1879. By the end of 1894 temporary accommodation for 140 patients was ready, with hospital wards to be completed. Personnel were appointed to positions at Kenmore Hospital on 1 January 1895. Upon opening, 152 patients from other hospitals were transferred to Kenmore, with 146 male patients resident in the Hospital at the end of 1895. Although some wards were already occupied, it was anticipated that the hospital would be completed by June 1897, to provide services to the southern region of the State.