|(88 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
Fairfield State Hospital]] was created due to overcrowding at the other two state hospitals. The over all campus building style was Colonial Revival that was typical throughout New England. The hospital was designed not to have any dark corners or cubbyholes. The cornerstone was laid for the first building in July 1933. Roughly half of the main buildings were erected in the 1930s and '40s, with the rest of the larger ones completed in the 1950s. The hospital opened and received its first patients from Connecticut Valley Hospital on June 1, 1931. |+|
|Body= [[Hospital]] the . was hospital to . . were in the the of the completed June , .
Revision as of 05:05, 23 February 2020
Featured Image Of The Week
On 31 July 1894 the buildings on the Kenmore Estate, Goulburn,
were appointed a Hospital for the Insane, on a site purchased for the purpose in 1879. By the end of 1894 temporary accommodation for 140 patients was ready, with hospital wards to be completed. Personnel were appointed to positions at Kenmore Hospital on 1 January 1895. Upon opening, 152 patients from other hospitals were transferred to Kenmore, with 146 male patients resident in the Hospital at the end of 1895. Although some wards were already occupied, it was anticipated that the hospital would be completed by June 1897, to provide services to the southern region of the State.