The Eastern Shore State Hospital for the Insane, located at Cambridge, Md., was authorized in the bond issue bill passed bj. the General Assembly of 1912. The Board of Managers, as given, was mentioned in the bill. The board at its first meeting elected Governor Goldsborough as president, J. Hooper Bosley, as secretary and treasurer, and Dr. Charles J. Carey, formerly assistant physician at the Springfield State Hospital, as the superintendent. The first duty of the board was to select a location. A committee consisting of the Governor, Comptroller and Senator Bosley visited numerous sites which had been proposed and finally recommended to the board one of three desirable farms in the immediate vicinity of Cambridge. The entire Board of Managers with the Lunacy Commission visited these farms and finally decided upon the Kirwan estate, located about a mile from Cambridge, on the banks of the beautiful Choptank River. This farm consists of about 250 acres, a part of which is wooded, the remainder being first-class farm land. [[ Eastern Shore State Hospital|Click here for more...]] |+|
|Body= State Hospital located , . , the .the of . of , was the . its first . . , , . The the was to . , had been to the three the of .
The of the , from , of the of . [[State Hospital |Click here for more...]]