Northville State Hospital
|Northville State Hospital|
|Building Style||Cottage Plan|
|Alternate Names||Northville Regional Psychiatric Hospital|
When this hospital was built in the 1950's, it was considered to be the the state's largest hospital complex. One of the buildings on its campus later housed the Northville Residential Training Center, a separate institution. Not long after, the state was considering the small wooded piece of land between this institution and Hawthorne Center to place the Maxey Boys Training School, but the plan was rejected, and Maxey was built in Whitmore Lake.