Mount Washington Sanatorium

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 00:48, 28 July 2020 by M-Explorer (talk | contribs) (Created page with "{{infobox institution | name = Mount Washington Sanatorium | image = | image_size = | alt = | caption = | established = | construction_began = 1913 | construction_ended = | o...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Mount Washington Sanatorium
Construction Began 1913
Opened 1916
Closed 1950
Current Status Closed
Building Style Single Building
Location Eau Claire City, WI
Alternate Names
  • Eau Claire Tuberculosis Sanatorium
  • Mt. Washington Residence



History[edit]

The Mt. Washington Sanatorium opened in 1916 and closed around 1950. Women of the Eau Claire Anti-Tuberculosis Association (including Jennie Shoemaker, Mary Coffin, and Mary Fitzgerald) donated the land for the new sanatorium built in 1913. The present structure was built in 1937 by the WPA, and the old building burned down in 1948.