Earls House Hospital

From Asylum Projects
Jump to: navigation, search
Earls House Hospital
Opened 1885
Current Status Active
Building Style Single Building
Location Lanchester Road, Durham
Alternate Names
  • Earls House Industrial School for Boys
  • Earls House Sanatorium
  • Lanchester Road Hospital


Earls House Hospital was built in 1885 along the main road, south of Witton Gilbert, and was a remand centre for 150 boys educated under strict guidelines. It became a sanatorium in the 1920s and a hospital in 1953.