Earls House Hospital

From Asylum Projects
Revision as of 21:52, 19 February 2015 by Squad546 (talk | contribs) (Created page with "{{infobox institution | name = Earls House Hospital | image = | image_size = 250px | alt = | caption = | established = | construction_began = | construction_ended = | opened ...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Earls House Hospital
Opened 1885
Current Status Active
Building Style Single Building
Location Lanchester Road, Durham
Alternate Names
  • Earls House Industrial School for Boys
  • Earls House Sanatorium
  • Lanchester Road Hospital



History[edit]

Earls House Hospital was built in 1885 along the main road, south of Witton Gilbert, and was a remand centre for 150 boys educated under strict guidelines. It became a sanatorium in the 1920s and a hospital in 1953.